Who has never suffered injuries while playing sports? If you are not one of the few superheroes who has raised his hand, keep reading this post, because you are interested in it. Sports injuries can not only affect professional athletesbut also to any amateur who does physical activity. As it is always better to be safe than sorry, in this post we give you 7 nutritional keys to avoid injury.
Injuries are the main enemyof every athlete, since they stop development and make us regress in the benefits obtained so far. Having the body prepared from the outside and especially from the inside is essential to avoid the dreaded injuries. To avoid it, it is báIt is essential that we stretch to condition muscles and joints before starting the activity. But just as basic is eating adequate food to prevent injuries.
For this reasonbelow we are going to discover some key foods and nutrients that will help us do this.
7 nutritional keys to avoid injuries:
- Consume plenty of raw fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C such as citrus fruits, cabbages, peppers , green leaves in general ands-strawberries-the-spring-delicacy "> strawberries among many others. Vitamin C is an essential component for the synthesis of collagen. Without vitamin C - there is no collagen. And collagen is the keygo for muscle flexibility, it is one of the most important components that connects all muscle components to each other.
- Do not miss on your plate orange and red fruits and vegetables, rich in beta-carotene (zanahoria, pepper , red fruits and oranges). Beta-carotene is another antioxidant that has been shown to enhance and increase collagen synthesis.
- Consume foods rich in vitamin E such as dried fruits, seeds and wheat germ. Vitamin E is a very powerful antioxidant that protects cells and tissues from oxidative damage very well. But we must be carefultion as large quantities can be counterproductive and cause injury. In addition, vitamin E works synergistically with vitamin C, and therefore they reinforce each other.
- Do not forget the Sun, the blue fish and the butter as prProviders of vitamin D and green leafy vegetables and algae as Calcium providers. Vitamin D together with Calcium are necessary for the proper maintenance of strength and elasticity.city of our bones.
- Eat foods rich in Zinc such as shellfish, seeds, whole grains, and lean meats every day. Zinc is a mineral necessary for muscle building.
- copper is not lacking either. Lean meats, seeds, shellfish, and nuts are good providers. It is another essential mineral in the diet of an athlete. Participates in the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
- Water is essential for adequate hydration. For the proper functioning of the muscles it is essential that they are well hydrated, otherwise they would not have enough elasticity and there would be a greater risk of injury.from the.
In summary, the key to avoiding injuries is to eat correctly, where plant-based foods are prioritized and always stay properly hydrated. Be water my friend! We give you the pNutritional skills, effort, talent and tenacity are on your own!