The benefits are greater when it is left before.
Smoking is bad for your health, there is no question about it . Quitting is not an easy task and, if we add the fear of getting fat on top of it, the attempt is abandoned. That is why below, we are going to give you the guidelines to make it more bearable dejarlo, and not get fat in the attempt.
Tips to help you quit smoking:
- Set a date.
- Seek support from people around you.
- Remove everything related to smoking: cigarettes, lighters, ashtrays ...
- Total abstinence, not one more cigarette.
- Keep busy. Use mobile applications that can help you quit smoking. Respirapp , for example, is a complete 4-week program developed by the Spanish Association Against Cancer.
- save all dinBut you are not spending to buy tobacco and indulge yourself.
Nutritional tips to avoid gaining weight when you quit smoking:
It is important not to change a bad habit such as quitting smoking for a very unhealthy one: eating a lot and badly. Following correct eating behavior is a great ally for ex-smokers.
A recentm.nih.gov/pubmed/17454706"> study has shown that a healthy diet can not only minimize that weight gain by being healthier, but it can also facilitate quitting.
Research shows that
According to this study, smokers could stop fUse faster and easier with minor diet modifications. That is, consuming products that worsen the flavor of the cigarette, such as vegetables or a glass of cold water, and avoiding those that enhance the flavor, such as beer and meat.
Food is your ally to give up tobacco forever.
Therefore, the first few weeks, above all, should avoid high-fat foods such as pastries, dairy products and processed and red meats. The consumption of foods rich in fiber (vegetables and fruits) and carbohydrates should be increasedComplex bonus (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, buckwheat ...). The consumption of foods rich in antioxidants is essential, since for years we have exposed the body to substances such as nicotine and others released by tobacco that attackour cells. For this reason, it is necessary that during this period there is no lack of raw fruits and vegetables, and opt for infusions such as green tea.
You should not buy caloric and nutritionally empty foods such as potatos fries, snacks, sweets ...
Drink plenty of water throughout the day and avoid sugary drinks, alcohol, and coffee altogether.
Once the first three weeks have passed, you can resume pgradually the moderate consumption of products that enhance the flavor of the cigarette, although in moderate quantities.
The more the nutritional needs of the body are covered, the less anxiety will be and the sooner it will be overcomewithdrawal syndrome. In addition, a balanced and healthy diet is the best guarantee to continue maintaining a healthy weight.
But if you still feel anxious:
- A full stomach helps control anxiety. Drink water and eat foods rich in fiber (whole grains, vegetables, legumes ...) that keep you feeling full for longer.
- Faced with the need to take someor to the mouth, resort to raw fruits and / or vegetables rather than industrial sweets that will increase short-term anxiety due to the hyper and subsequent hypoglycemia that they cause
- physical exercise also helps control anxiety.
It is NEVER too late to quit smoking, as the benefits begin to show almost immediately and grow over time.