Now that autumn is approaching, Teresa Carles has prepared this tasty, simple, light and healthy recipe for lentils with vegetables for everyday home cooking. Due to the beneficial properties of lentils (vitamins, minerals,fiber, healthy fats, proteins, complex carbohydrates) it is important that they are not lacking in our usual diet during any stage of life.
Ingredients for 4 people:
400 gr. beluga lentils (also called caviar lentils)
1 green bell pepper
200 gr. spinach
For the pumpkin:
400 gr. pumpkin
1 clove garlic
- We scald the aubergines directly on the flame of the fire.
- Once roasted, we peel them, clean them, cut them into strips and season with oil and salt. We booked.
- Peel and dice the pumpkins.
- Season with the minced garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil and cook in the oven at 180º for about 20 minutes.
- In a pot, poach the chopped onion with the olive oil, about 5 minutes.
- Then we add the puerros, green pepper and carrot, finely chopped and tomatoes, peeled and crushed and sautéed for 5 more minutes.
- Add the drained lentils, cover with water and spice.
- Almost at the end of cooking we will add the echopped spinach and baked pumpkin. (The lentils should boil for about 45 minutes).
- We serve the lentils with the roasted aubergines on top and a drizzle of olive oil.
Note : thes Beluga lentils are a variety that does not require pre-soaking. A good option is to put them with warm water when we start preparing the recipe, in this way we clean and soften them at the same time.
Don't forget to post aphoto of the result and tag us so we can see it!