As Paracelsus said, it is the dose that makes the poison.
The risks of this excessive consumption have names: diabetes, tooth decay, overweight and obesity.
Next, we are going to give you the guidelines to reduce sugar in your diet, and eat in a healthier and more balanced way.
- The reduction of sugars should be gradual . The brain considers sweetness a reward. Eliminating it abruptly is configured as a punishment, so it is very likely that you will lose interest.
- Get usedto not sweeten anything, or almost nothing, beverages such as coffee and tea, gradually dispensing with sugar.
- Do not think that natural alternatives to sucrose , such as maple syrup or stev, can be abused.ia. When natural sweeteners are used, the palate is not reeducated, only the calories are momentarily avoided.
- Consider sodas with sugar as an exception . Never put them on the table instead of water.Carbonated drinks are loaded with sugars and do not provide any nutrients. Zero calorie versions do not help to distance yourself from sweet flavors.
- Gradually limit high-density industrial products andenergetic, such as cookies, muffins, candies, cupcakes, ice cream, and spreads.
- Watch out for breakfast cereals, they can be an orgy of glucose syrup and the like. A little trick to switch to cerealsIn sugar, is to start mixing them in increasing quantities with the flakes that we like.
- Find alternative dessert recipes, healthier than the classic ones. Learn to satisfy the sweet tooth with healthy food : fresh fruit, dehydrated fruit, dark chocolate (more than 70% cocoa), etc.