Eating is a pleasure that also provides our body with the necessary nutrients to function properly. But eating improperly can have consequences for our health such as poor digestion, being overweight and other trderived astorries. To avoid this and enjoy food, it is important to chew very well. Discover the keys in this post.
Although chewing well seems like a very simple habit, the truth is that many people do not do itcorrectly and as a consequence, as we have mentioned previously, they suffer some digestive problems such as abdominal bloating, flatulence, heartburn, feeling of heaviness and constipation, among others.
Recommendations to chew well:
- Give yourself enough time. Don't eat while you're in a rush. Take your time to eat and chew well.
- It is necessary to chew well, between 20 and 50, although the exact amountChewing varies with the texture of the food and the salivary glands of the person. The food must be a complete liquid and lose all texture.
- Wait to have completely finished chewing before taking another bite. Eat in a calm and quiet environment free from any distractions.
- Cut the food into small pieces, this way it chews well without taking so long.
- Apply theMindfulness feeding .
Benefits of chewing well:
- Reduction of stress levels. When we chew abundantly, we oxygenate the body producing a pleasant sensation of well-being and reducing stress levels.it is.
- Feeling full. The longer we swallow a food that we have in our mouth, the sooner we get satiated. Our brain takes about 20 minutes to register the feeling of satiety.
- Lose weight.A Japanese study by the University of Osaka, published by the British Medical Journal, on the eating habits of 3,000 Japanese, showed that people who eat fast and chew little are three times more likely to suffer.go obesity.
- Good digestion. When you chew your food well, you save time for your digestive system. And you avoid problems with indigestion, gas, stomach pain, bloating and slow intestinal transit.
- POrganoleptic lacer. Chewing well gives us more pleasure and satisfaction when consuming food. In this way the brain fully registers the taste of food and provides greater satisfaction.
I feed them that alreadyThey are mostly liquid, such as yogurt, they should also be chewed like solid foods, in order to allow saliva to break them down before reaching the stomach.
Start today to chew well I feed themYou and see how you fill up earlier and have better digestions.